If you are thinking of listing your home this spring, here are 7 seller secrets that may help you sell your home faster:
1. Clean: It's time to do deep spring-cleaning, not just sweep dust under the rug. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression, and it all starts with a spotless home.
2. Lean: Kill the clutter. While you are spring-cleaning, pitch or donate items to free up more space in your home or store it all out of sight.
3. Pristine: Spring showers may grow May Flowers, but they also make shoes muddy. Remember that you need to keep your home tidy so that it remains ready to show.
4. Sheen: Start at your entrance, because it's the first thing your buyer will see. Does the front door need new paint? Why not add a new welcome mat? Are the cobwebs clear and the shoes put away?
5. Fix your screens: It sounds like a little thing, but buyers pay attention to detail and a ripped, bent, broken or missing screen conveys the wrong message about upkeep.
6. Keep it green: Nothing says a home is taken care of like a mowed green lawn or fresh landscaping.
One more secret: Keep it fresh, and in fact, use lemons. Why? Researchers at Washington State University found that the scents of lemon, birch, and peppermint in a retail setting help create a sense of relaxation and comfort. Give your home a "lemon-fresh" scent and you just might help your home sell faster this spring.